The Big Toe Foundation
The Big Toe Philosophy
- We believe that taking small, manageable steps is the best way to affect change - How do you eat an elephant? You start with its big toe!
- We strive to use our resources to help recharge and support those who are in turn supporting others. More >>
- We wish to provide groups who work in charitable, not for profit and community-focussed sectors, with affordable access to our 4-Star accommodation and venue facilities at Flaxmill, on the east coast of the Coromandel.
- This is the small step we can take to support you.
- Flaxmill is run on a sustainable basis providing a quality setting for getaways, retreats, events and conferences
- The busy summer months provide the ability to offer reduced rates to registered groups in the quieter months
- Located in beautiful Flaxmill Bay, beside Cooks Beach, within a 2.5 hours drive from Auckland, Hamilton or Tauranga
- More Info & Gallery >>
A special place to refresh your team and your vision
"The accommodation was beautiful and set in lovely grounds. It had everything we needed for the perfect break away with family…A big thank you to the Big Toe Foundation for making this beautiful accommodation more accessible to people in the charity sector." - Roz, Morrinsville Community House
"Flaxmill is a wonderfully relaxing environment that really helps the creativity process. The facilities are top-notch, with everything you could need right there, and done with style and comfort. A joy to stay, and hard to leave!" - Lloyd Rankin, Vineyard Churches